How do I manage sickness absence?
We provide first day sickness absence for your employees based on agreed triggers. We are able to:
- Integrate automatically with your HR or Sickness Absence Reporting System
- Directly interface with our system via a portal or app
- Direct telephone call
The triggers automatically alert our case managers for the need to triage your employee and if agreed arrange appropriate interventions.
Management Advice Line
Where line managers can call with either a concern or a referral – whether an employee is absent or not.
Our flexible case management service is available on either a pay-as-you-go or on a contract basis, based on the volume of cases. Our offering includes:
- Assessment of reason for absence – including mental ill health, personality disorders, neurodiverse conditions, musculoskeletal disorders, digestive problem, diabetes – addressing both clinical and non-clinical causes
- Assessment of ability to work and in what capacity – considering workplace modifications, alternative duties and capability where applicable
- Interventions – we offer a range of direct interventions including counselling, CBT, physiotherapy, sports medicine, nutrition, psychosocial, executive coaching and wellbeing;
- Return to work plans – the provision of a time framed phased return to work with milestones to measure success or otherwise of a return to normal duties or alternative duties where appropriate
- Case management reports — we provide detailed case management reports throughout each stage of this process
We use evolving global research to ensure that the benefits and rules within our client plans allow the flexibility to change.
Our ethos is to tailor healthcare plans to the needs of our customers and their employees.
We can administer almost any variation in benefits and associated rules, which ensures that whilst treating employees and their families when they are ill, we address their underlying personal risks, including excess weight, inactivity and negative attitudes and misconceptions.